Wednesday 4 April 2012

Gluten Free Muffins Recipe 2

www.shropshirebreakfast.co.uk

I posted the gluten free muffin recipe I normally use last week but this morning decided to to risk just using my standard muffin recipe with gluten free flour.

On advice from Twitter friends @forfeng & @canalviewbnb I added extra milk as the flour is more absorbent than wheatflour. Roland @canalviewbnb also said that using butter provided better results than using any margarine type spreads, if you were thinking of using them.

I tested one & I thought they were barely distinguishable from a normal wheat flour muffin. But I knew my daughter, back from university for Easter, would jump on the muffins as soon as she came down so I waited, without telling her they were GF, for her reaction. She didn't notice - yay!

Dry Ingredients
1.5 cups Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain Flour
0.5 cups caster sugar
2 tsp gluten free baking powder

Wet Ingredients
1 pot of buttermilk ( ST Ives is 284ml )
0.3 cup milk
0.5 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Streusel topping
0.25 cup Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain Flour
0.25 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
0.25 cup of melted butter

1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius ( for fan oven  )

Mix together the dry ingredients well.

Beat together the wet ingredients

Add the wet to the dry and mix quickly not over-mixing until ingredients only just combined. Quickly fold in the raspberries.

Divide the mix between 10 muffin cases in a muffin tin.

Mix together the dry streusel ingredients and then add just enough melted butter till you get crumbs - don't add all the butter at once as you may end up with sludge. Sprinkle the crumbs over the muffins and bake for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment