Friday 30 March 2012

Raspberry & Banana Honey Smoothie

www.shropshirebreakfast.co.uk

I try & offer some healthy options at the B&B and my berry smoothie is one. It's quick & easy to make if you have a blender.

Out of season I'll use frozen raspberries ( and sometimes blueberries ) for this. I do like to offer some berries every morning at the B&B and if they don't get eaten I'll pop them straight into the freezer and use them for smoothies - a great way of making sure you don't waste fruit that you're not going to be able to eat before it's past its best.

The weight of the ingredients here is just a rough guideline for quantity - I certainly don't weigh them out.

I prefer to use natural yoghurt but will use a fruit yoghurt if it needs using up. You can also use soya milk & soya yoghurt if you have someone who can't eat dairy.

For 2 people

150g raspberries
1 banana
150g natural yoghurt
a tablespoon of honey
200ml apple juice

Put all the ingredients in a blender & blend well until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment